Friday, November 20, 2009

Last Time As a Junior..

Last night was my last volleyball game at Utah State as a junior. Its so crazy to think that I am officially a senior now in volleyball.. with only one more season left. Time flew by and I'm not just saying that. I still remember coming up to Utah State my freshman year and it feels like that happened only 2 months ago. I literally feel like I blinked and now I'm a senior. I am so grateful that I was able to come up here and be on scholarship and have so many more blessings like who I have ended up living with, having the best friends that I have, having the opportunity I get to see my family often, and how well everything has flowed with hardly any complications up here in Logan. I know coming here was the right decision and I am so glad I made it when I did. I have had the best supportive group of people (Mom, Dad, Parker, Jenn, Jackie, Tyler, Shane, Tegan, Grandma Morrill, Grandma Bliss, Brady, Naki, Breanna, Whitney, Scooter, Kim Norman, Kim Murray, Bink, Mr. Morris, Rick Nielson, Larry Lentz, and many more I will think of later) to push me in life and I owe them so much!!! THANK YOU.
Haha that got sappy real fast. But we ended up winning last night in 4 games against Nevada, which is frustrating because they get to go to the WAC tournament and we barely lost the bid. This is the first year I have played up here when we ended the season ranked lower than 4th place. This year we finished 7th. Very, very frustrating especially because I know how amazing of volleyball players the girls are that are on our team. Yes we are young and we didn't have one senior on our team this year, but we all have had a high level of experience and we should have ended the season on a better note than we did.
Next year I am determined to be a better leader on and off the court. I am going to lead by a better example and be someone that they can turn to when times get rough. I hope I can be a fighter and never give up and always believe in anyone and everyone that is going to be on the team next year. I hope I can make a difference like the people who have influenced me have.


"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."

-John Quincy Adams



All of these photos were taken by Patrick Oden, he does a great job with aggie athletics.









2 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures! YOu are a GREAT captain and leader. You have always been a great example to me. Keep having fun in life! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so cute sis! I can't believe you'll be a senior, time really has flown by. It seems like only yesterday I was drawing pics of..._____ on your hand! =) Haha, I miss you sis and hopefully we can come see a game next year! We'll save up our $$$! =) LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete